Thursday, February 9, 2017

Now what? Barre of course!


necklace by Jenny Bird

I'm enjoying the silence this early morning. I don't have to prep for a crazy dance fitness class anymore, and can just enjoy my barre. I love the peaceful challenge barre gives me.
If you're afraid that barre is for graceful people, fear not! I was almost 6 feet tall by 7th grade. Graceful has never been my thang. If you're heavy and afraid of barre-fear not! My good friend took my first pay class at the gym. Normally all group classes are free with membership, but barre was had to be a pay class due to equipment costs. She was heavier, but had already lost a lot of weight prior. She has had amazing results, but only took the class to support me.

When you get older, maybe you still have strength and flexibility but can't bounce like you used to. Maybe a quick run will cause you to pee your pants. Hey, it happens! Deal with it. You can still challenge yourself with the isometric/dynamic exercises in barre. It's hard, but not so painful you can't use those muscles the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment